syngo.CT Cardiac Function
For an in-depth evaluation of the cardiac function the software automatically calculates the global parameters ejection fraction, myocardial mass, stroke volume, end-systolic and end-diastolic volumes. The local parameters wall motion and wall thickness are displayed in AHA conform 17-segment 2D polar plots. The assessment of congestive heart failure is facilitated.
The dedicated visualization of first pass enhancement1 highlights ischemia and yields valuable information on the effects of a stenosis. The late enhancement1 feature helps to categorize perfusion defects as viable or non-viable.
Among the benefits for functional assessment, syngo.CT Cardiac Function provides a sound basis for therapy by allowing for pre-procedural planning. The automatic display of the aortic valve plane facilitates the measurement of the short and long axes of the aortic annulus which is necessary for the planning of trans-catheter aortic valve implantations. The cardiac planes perpendicular to the aortic valve plane further enable the exact measurement of the distances of the coronary ostia.
Features and Benefits
- Automatic removal of table, rib cage, and blood pool
- Automatic segmentation of the left and right1 ventricle. The robust algorithms also work with MinDose data, allowing for reliable assessment of cardiac function while minimizing the dose delivered. Reducing the current to as low as 4% yields a dose reduction of up to 50%. In other words, it may reduce the dose from 8-12 mSv down to ~4 mSv. Cardiac Function evaluation with MinDose data is a perfect example of the symbiosis of syngo.via and the SOMATOM Definition Product Family.
- Straightforward navigation between cardiac phases for quick review of segmentation results. Easy editing of ventricular contours with an intuitive 3D editing tool
- Automatic calculation of global and local functional parameters as soon as the case is opened
- Two calculation methods for comparison with MRI data: The standard mode includes the papillary muscles in the calculation, whereas they are excluded in the blood volume mode.
- Single-click visualization of the aortic and mitral valve planes facilitating pre-procedural planning. Automatic view of short- and long-axis MPRs
- Automatic display of cardiac planes, VRTs, 2D polar plots, and time-volume curves for best evaluation
- Easy highlighting of ischemic areas with the single-click enhancement1 functionality indicating first pass perfusion deficits with a color-coded overlay
- Facilitated evaluation of late enhancement1 data sets by providing color coded highlighting of late contrast agent uptake
- On-the-fly collection of all findings and key images in the Findings Navigator while reading the case
- Easy hand-over of tasks using the Suspend/Resume functionality, e.g. in order to share work between technologists and radiologists or cardiologists