Advance your laboratory’s productivity.
Engineered to support an unlimited number of analyzer and module connections, Aptio® Automation solutions satisfy the demands of your current testing environment and accommodate future expansion with:
- A comprehensive selection of pre- and post-analytical modules that automate sample loading, preparation, and handling to free lab staff from time-consuming, low-value tasks
- Siemens’ portfolio of mid- and high-volume, automation-ready analyzers that support more than 800 clinical chemistry, immunoassay, hematology, and hemostasis tests
- Established interfaces to numerous third-party* analyzers that enable routine and specialty testing
- Simultaneous STAT and routine testing on a single track—with optional front-loading to Siemens instruments
- Streamlined workflows and result management driven by rules-based informatics customized for your lab
- Integrated IT capabilities that support multisite connectivity—including stand-alone systems
- Flexible track design options that make it easy to accommodate floor space allocations and fixtures
- Phased implementation plans to help minimize disruption to your ongoing operations
*Connectivity to third-party analyzers is not available in all countries. Analyzer availability may vary by country, and connectivity will require manufacturer agreement. Please contact your local Siemens representative for further information.
Aptio® Automation delivers measureable gains in efficiency by driving the intelligent and coordinated operation of automation components, diagnostic analyzers, and high-performance assays. In addition to providing the capacity needed to satisfy peak volumes, this highly integrated approach effectively manages hour-to-hour fluctuations in demand to standardize processes, reduce errors, balance instrument workloads, and achieve consistent and predictable turnaround times for both STAT and routine samples.
- Multiple options for sample loading, sorting, off-loading, and disposal
- Single-sample flow in independent carriers
- Intelligent, test-driven, tube routing that is responsive to analyzer conditions (e.g., onboard reagent/consumable status, instrument flags, analyzer availability, etc.)
- Point-in-space and primary-tube sampling on a continuous flow track engineered to prevent sample congestion
- Centralized control from single location and quick access to samples with specimen tracking
- Integrated IT that combines sample, result, and QC management and supports development of customized workflows
Highly proficient teams of Siemens Healthineers consultants design and implement Aptio® Automation solutions.
- Customize a sustainable solution under the guidance of Lean Healthcare-accredited experts who are experienced in Six Sigma methodologies and perform more than 1,100 workflow consultations in over seventy countries each year.
- Improve and standardize processes using value stream mapping and dimensional floor plan simulations to decrease non-value-added activity, reduce waste, and allocate work areas.
- Set achievable benchmarks for current and future throughput, TAT, and resource utilization using reliable workflow models, data-driven simulations, and optimization modeling.
- Rely on Siemens Healthineers expertise in workflow analysis, project management, and customer support to design, install, validate, and monitor your solution for continued productivity improvements.
- Reach new levels of operational efficiency with customer care that includes system services, IT services, user services, and management services.
Source: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics shipment and orders reports, July 2017.
Aptio Automation is manufactured by Inpeco and is exclusively distributed by Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc. Aptio is a trademark of Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc. Inpeco is a trademark of Inpeco SA.
The products/features mentioned here are not commercially available in all countries. Due to regulatory reasons, their future availability cannot be guaranteed. Please contact your local Siemens Healthineers organization for further details.