The 3T PowerPack for exploration.
When it comes to tackling the most demanding MRI research challenges, MAGNETOM Prisma is the unique and powerful 3T MRI platform at your side. Excel with the finest in MRI technology. Enter new areas of research with innovative applications and drive the advancement of human health. All supported by the right tools, the right partner, and the right collaboration network.
Outstanding gradient performance
- 80 mT/m @ 200 T/m/s simultaneously, on all three axes
- Ultra-high-performance cooling
- Force-compensated design for reduced vibrations
Benefits: Significantly increased SNR, unprecedented long-term stability and minimized acoustic noise.
Fully dynamic parallel transmit with TimTX TrueShape
- Selective excitation to highlight regions, organs, or even features of an organ
- Zoomed imaging with the first parallel transmit application syngo ZOOMit
- Significantly higher resolution, reduced scan times and less artifacts.
- Open architecture for new MRI applications
More information about syngo ZOOMit
Tim 4G integrated receive architecture
- New Tim 4G RF system with 48, 64 or 128 independent channels for faster imaging and higher SNR
- New Tim 4G coil technology with highest coil element density, Dual-Density Signal Transfer, DirectConnect, and SlideConnect technology
- Fully digital transmit and receive with DirectRF
- Real-time feedback loop for excellent long-term stability
Unmatched 3T magnet
- Based on the MAGNETOM Trio experience
- Benchmark magnet homogeneity
- FoV 50x50x50 cm3
- Advanced higher order shim and optional SpectroShim
- Zero helium boil-off
Choose your own route with MAGNETOM Prisma
Advanced applications such as DWI, SWI, resting state fMRI, dynamic angiography, perfusion, and Diffusion Spectrum Imaging (DSI) – or your own research applications: MAGNETOM Prisma is your companion. It supports you with unparalleled 3T power and offers virtually unlimited imaging possibilities.
Explore new territories with MAGNETOM Prisma
- Visualize detail in the finest anatomical structures and reveal functional information
- Develop your own applications and sequences – adapted to your research needs
- Boost your research with consistent and reproducible procedures
"Research is driven by people. The more people you know, the better you are linked, the better research will be in the end."1
Henrik Michaely, MD
Associate Professor of Radiology, Section Chief Vascular and Abdominal Imaging
Institute of Clinical Radiology and Nuclear Medicine, Mannheim, Germany
Collaborate and succeed
In MRI research, there are two forces driving the future of healthcare: As a physician, you aspire to transfer ideas from the lab into the clinical routine. Here at Siemens, we strive to translate research results into products like the MAGNETOM Prisma. This shared impulse is basis for a solid partnership founded on collaboration, support, and trust.
Network and benefit
With MAGNETOM Prisma, we offer Dot. Dot is a new way of scanning in MRI – a better way. Dot scanning uses a suite of customizable engines. Allowing the user to personalize exams according to patient needs, build in step-by-step user guidance, and automate MRI exams – either "out of the box" or based on the institution's standards.
More information about Dot and all of the Dot engines.
Be part of the IDEA network
As part of IDEA (Integrated Development Environment for Applications), the world’s largest and most active research community, you are able to get in touch with like-minded people, discuss ideas, and easily benefit from in-depth exchanges.
- Open development platform supporting the world’s largest and most active 3T MR research and development community
- Yearly IDEA users’ meeting at the ISMRM
- Yearly international IDEA courses at multiple locations worldwide
MAGNETOM Prisma equips you with the needed competitive edge – the edge that enables you to do what others can’t. It might even facilitate access to research funding and could make your institution more attractive to top talents on the international academic market.
“MAGNETOM Prisma has the power to lead to better expertise and innovative research in the future. Beside the improved gradient system, the 64-ch Head/Neck coil allows us to get better signals from the cortex and also cover the cerebellum and the neck very well. That allows exploring new research fields which are difficult to do on other 3T scanners.”1
Prof. Rainer Goebel
Professor, Maastricht University & Scientific Director,
Scannexus, Maastricht, The Netherlands
The statements by Siemens' customers described herein are based on results that were achieved in the customer's unique setting. Since there is no "typical" hospital and many variables exist (e.g., hospital size, case mix, level of IT adoption) there can be no guarantee that other customers will achieve the same results.