VERSANT HIV-1 RNA 1.5 Assay (kPCR)
Highly Sensitive HIV Viral Load Assay for use on the Atellica MDX 160 Molecular System
- Efficient and reproducible extraction, amplification, and detection of HIV-1 RNA
- Up to 89 patient samples per run
- Results in less than 6 hours
- Excellent performance with quality extraction
- Low limit of detection (LOD) with high accuracy
- Good precision across a wide dynamic range
- Compatible with a variety of subtypes and circulating recombinant forms
- Primary-tube sampling supports a variety of tube types and sizes
- Positive patient sample identification with bar-code ID for sample and results tracking
- Up to 178 patient results per shift
- 500 uL sample input volume
- Enhanced sensitivity and specificity with BLACK HOLE QUENCHER**
- Detects HIV-1 group M clades A–H, CRF, and group O
- Targets highly conserved pol integrase gene with unique TAQMAN*** probes
- Lower annealing temperature tolerates greater mismatch which leads to better subtype quantitation
- Dual-primer and triple probe design to increase mismatch tolerance
- Non-competitive internal control to monitor extraction and PCR efficiency
- Amplicon contamination control with UNG
Assays currently available on the VERSANT kPCR Molecular System.
The VERSANT® HIV-1 RNA 1.5 Assay (kPCR) is IVDD, CE marked.
*Not for sale in the US. Not yet available for sale in all countries.
** BLACK HOLE QUENCHER is a trademark of Biosearch Technology.
*** TaqMan is a trademark of Roche Molecular Diagnostics, Inc.